Read all about it

The online diary of an ethical pervert.

Saturday 26 July 2008

Come down

Very good party with American Dom in London yesterday night, some lovely people there and hopefully lots of potential to see and do things again. I'll write something specific later about the actual play, because there were some interesting bits, but I wanted to get my current thoughts and feelings down first.

Usually after a night of play I feel very upbeat, perky and with a wide I-know-something-you-don't-know grin to bestow upon strangers. This morning, I don't. I was fine until I got home, a little tired, but that's to be expected. I feel low, I suppose. Not precisely upset but certainly down, and in the mood to do nothing more than curl up with tea and chocolate and strong arms wrapped around me. I have the tea and chocolate, but it's not quite enough.

I don't think it's a knock on effect of the play or the people, I certainly wasn't lacking in aftercare last night or this morning, plenty of hugs and feedback were available, and I felt very looked after. Now, by myself, I definitely feel a little empty. Not anxious, I'm actually very calm. It struck me as being particularly noteworthy as this is the first time in a long while that I have experienced such a level of come down. However much I know that I will feel much better after a nap and some time to decompress, the fact remains that right now, it is not easy and it is not nice.

No comments: