Read all about it

The online diary of an ethical pervert.

Wednesday 10 June 2009

Poker face

I received an invitation, by proxy, to a game of Strip and Whip poker. I can't play poker, fortunately, I don't need to know how. Both The Photographer and I will be submitting and serving at table as well as paying for the penalties when our assigned Domme loses a hand.

This is something that really appeals to me, all the more so when we received a lovely (and very precisely detailed) one pager on the rules for behaviour, was especially pleased to see rules for Dominants as well as submissives - they are encouraged not to drink alcohol, and to be aware of the protocol for treating other people's submissives. There were also some very nice lines in about how we submissives should behave, right down to the correct way to offer a drink (on one knee, wine glass held by the stem or cup held on one hand, handle facing the Dominant, eyes down). There is something very reassuring in well designed rules of engagement - you can tell that someone has put a lot of thought into the process, so they obviously care, and it means that there is less nervousness about what to do when, especially important when around new people.

I'm looking forward to it, for many reasons. First, it has been a while since I've had anything like a formalised play session, and I've always wanted to attend one of these games ever since Switching Sides told me about them. Secondly, I haven't done a lot of service, and whilst cleaning someone else's kitchen is not my idea of fun, waiting at table, is something I quite enjoy - I think it is the providing aspect. Finally, what will be especially interesting for me will be the opportunity to submit to women, which I have not done much of and am very keen to explore. I have a feeling that there will be a very different dynamic, given that I am not generally sexually attracted to women, however I do get a sexual kick from submitting, so that contrast is one I'm keen to play around with.

No comments: