Read all about it

The online diary of an ethical pervert.

Monday 5 July 2010

Shopping for fucking

It's been a while since I've indulged and bought some new kit. Now that I've got at least one ongoing submissive partner it seems a good time to examine what might be a nice addition to my collection. One of the things I really like doing it going to fetish shops with a new partner, walking through what is on sale and using it as an object lesson in what might be fun to do or play with. It's something that I was able to do over Captain's shoulder looking at the internet assisting him in his quest to become the man who has everything (kinky). This time round, with Ten, I'm more in the driving seat, which has led me to think more on what I want to do and what I might need to do it with. The purist might argue that one does not need kit to do BDSM and whilst that is true, and I would certainly agree that you don't have to have kit, but it does widen the options.

There are some basics that I need to stock up on, having not had to purchase them for a while: condoms, lube, even more padlocks and chain, latex gloves. Then there are other, more specific things. I certainly need more rubber in my life. A smooth, encasing rubber hood for him with mouth and pinprick nose holes, perhaps an option for eye holes but I don't want him to always be able to see.
A rubber dress for me: I like the idea of letting him polish it for me, whilst kneeling at my feet. A serious leather blindfold, possibly with head harness - he's mentionned that he enjoys being a voyeur so cutting down on his ability to see what goes on in a club is on my list. A new ball gag - I think it's nice to get a specific gag for a new partner, it will help him feel a sense of belonging, also I want him to select it himself so he only has himself to blame. A set of mitts will come in handy - I'm undecided on whether I want the leather ones or the inflatable thick rubber ones. I do know that I want to restrict his ability to touch either himself or me and I want him to be very conscious of that restriction.

I also need to increase my range of insertables (rubber and glass, I imagine) as well as impact toys - a set of soft, thuddy floggers certainly. And naturally, a strap-on. The latter is probably going to be the most difficult to select and purchase, given I've only used them rarely. I know that I'd prefer the kind where I can select different sized dildoes - again, I like the submissive to select the tool of punishment - and that the harness needs to be very comfortable but beyond that I'm not really sure. I expect there might be a little bit of shopping around, perhaps a good opportunity to call on the collective wisdom of the Ladies Who... for a rather different version of a "girls shopping trip".

No comments: